Sorry about the lack of posts lately. I got a lot of things came at the same time. I had to write my final paper to finish the Post Grad course I'm doing, planning a trip to the Brazilian state where I was born - approximate 2000 kilometers - to defend this paper. And on top of that, I went to the hospital for a urgency procedure. Yes, I have a lot of things to write about and I hope I can get most of it done by tomorrow. So lets start.
We started the first sprint with some issues like: we have a PO - product owner the most important person in a Agile project - that wasn't so present when the project began, we hadn't set up a test and staging environment to the project and we weren't trained enough in the brand new set of ALM - application life cycle management - tools bought by the company and expected to be used in this project. That's how we attacked each one of those issues.
For the first issue we assumed that we were good to set the project priorities to the sprint. We select three stories that we thought that may brought good value to our project, notified the PO and started to develop. In the mean time, our analysts were studying the next stories we think that are good candidates to the next sprint. The only problem with that was that we chose stories that didn't bring any changes to the interface and were mostly related with back-end functionality and weren't the kind of story that make people say "Wow! That's really cool!". It wasn't big deal and we made it anyway, but this is one of the lessons we learned: choose at least one "Wow!" thing to delivery in the first sprint.
|PO - Product Owner|
|Always have a backup plan|
|Our Sprint Burndown|
Sorry for the long post. I hope you enjoy it.